Are you interested in joining our team of volunteer blog contributors?
In 2015, our project began with a few passionate moms in NYC. United together, they were excited to support other women and normalize breastfeeding. Since then, our small breastfeeding community has blossomed around the world. While our photo shoots and Big Latch On events remain in localized areas across the globe, our online community now reaches thousands of moms every week.
Together, we continue to grow, support, and “Spread the breastfeeding love.” However, Breastfeeding World needs you to join our team of volunteer blog contributors. Here, we continue to grow and support our amazing mommy readers!
Want to know more? Let me explain…
- First, are you passionate about writing?
- Are you a lactation professional, SAHM, Working Mom, or blogger looking for a creative outlet?
- Do you enjoy telling stories?
- Can you share valuable tips about breastfeeding, birthing, child development, or parenting with other moms around the world?
We are looking for intelligent parents, who are willing to commit to submitting monthly blog posts with these guidelines:
- A great blog post is clear and concise- between 300-900 words is ideal.
- Your content is original and well written, make sure you’ve proofread the article before sending. Proofreading includes doing your best to make sure it follows readability and SEO standards. (Our editing team can help you with this.)
- We don’t accept previously published work, this includes your personal blog.
- Our readers enjoy the narrative of our blog posts which is persuasive, passionate, or informative. When you’re informed and passionate about your subject, others will read and share it. For examples check out our posts.
- Once accepted, you will submit a short bio (4-6 sentences) with a nice head shot so we may add you to our team of volunteer blog contributors.
- Each article should have its own unique, attention catching title. Your title will include your blog’s keyword.
- Accompany your articles with 2-4 photographs related to your article’s topic. We love it when you use unique photos, or photos from one of our shoots. However, if using a picture from the internet, please provide the link from where you got it.
- You are comfortable with our team of editors tweaking or changing your work or title if need be.
- You are willing to support our project and our other contributors by sharing your work and interacting on social media.
Some topic variations for our volunteer blog contributors include, but aren’t limited to:
- Birthing experiences
- Doulas & breastfeeding
- Nutritional tips for breastfeeding moms
- Post-Partum mood disorders
- Miscarriage, still birth, and infant loss
- Full Term Breastfeeding
- Cloth diapering
- Family health and fitness
- National or Global news related to breastfeeding matters
- General tips for breastfeeding moms
- Breastfeeding Law education for new moms
- Breastfeeding Struggles and tips to overcome them, such as latch, supply, pumping, etc.
- Beauty and Fashion tips for the nursing mom
- Book reviews (about breastfeeding or baby books)
- Attachment parenting
- Makeup tips for the busy mom
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- It Shouldn’t Hurt To Nurse Your Baby- So Why Does It? By: Lisa Paladino, IBCLC - November 8, 2017
- Why Do Some Parents Hide Their Baby’s Gender? Guest Post - August 29, 2017
- How to Create a Lovely Reading Nook for Your Child -by Emma Lawson - August 16, 2017