Am I the only one who didn’t know how much hair I would lose after birthing my babes?
No one ever told me about postpartum hair loss. It is kind of annoying. Of all the ways your body changes during and after pregnancy, I didn’t expect to lose my hair, too. Especially after enjoying such luxurious tresses during pregnancy.
My postpartum hair loss affected my edges (hairline) and eyebrows most drastically.
After my third child, I concocted a mixture that helped my hair return. I am happy to share with you! You will need a blend of both oils and essential oils, but I promise your hair will reap the rewards!
Neem Oil – This one is super stinky, but it’s super potent.
Sweet Almond Oil
Castor Oil- Golden, Black, or both
Note: I infuse my oil blend with the dried herbs of lavender, rosemary, and peppermint.
Lavender – 30 drops*
Rosemary – 30 drops*
Peppermint – 15 drops*
*for a 4 ounce bottle
- Mix with a whisk or spoon
- Use a funnel to transfer to a capped bottle
- Apply to Scalp on wash day
- See the results!
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and let us know if it works for you. Have you experienced postpartum hair loss? Do you have a product that you swear by?
Latest posts by Joi Barnett (see all)
- The Best Ever Solution for Postpartum Hair loss - April 26, 2017
- How to Have an Amazing Home Birth in a World of Hospitals Pt.2 - March 15, 2017
- How to have an amazing home birth in a world of hospitals, Pt 1 - February 2, 2017